A recent survey conducted by Sterling Research and SmithGeiger polled over 1,000 US adult smartphone users. The results showed:
- Two-thirds said a mobile-friendly site makes them more likely to buy a company’s product or service
- 74% say they’re more likely to return to the site later
- 61% say that if they don’t find what they’re looking for within about five seconds, they’ll click away to another site
- Half say that even if they like a business, they’ll use its site less often if it doesn’t work well on their smartphone
- Nearly half of all phones in North America are smartphones
- A recent survey by Google found that 61% of people interviewed said they would go to a another site if a site is not mobile-friendly. That other site would be your competition. If your site is not mobile-friendly, you earned the click…but they get the business.
- For mobile price comparison shopping, 81% of users prefer mobile sites over mobile apps
- Telmetrics has discovered that 95 percent of smartphone users conduct restaurant searches. The research also found that 90% of these users “convert within the day”…meaning they go out to eat! 64% were found to convert either “immediately” or “within one hour.”
In order to meet the needs of these people (your potential customers, who now make up over half of all local searches), you need a site that will load fast, be easy to use and give them the information they need…immediately! Call us on 518-664-1607 NOW to find out how your site stacks up!